Post By: guest | 01-18-2013 07:57 Reply
I am running Zen Cart 1.3.8a
My store is for digital downloads only. I have mostly PDFs and these are setup and working fine. However, I have 1 zip file that I can't get working.
Under Catalog->Option Value Manager I have the following option values set up:
Option Name: Documentation
Option Value: PDF-English
Option Name: Documentation
Option Value: ZIP - English
Under Attributes Controller when I view the product for the zip download it shows that it has an invalid filename. The documentation is set to ZIP-English
How do I get this to work?
Also, is there a way to upload files via Zen? I don't want to use a separate FTP client. In other words, if I want to update one of my digital downloads how do I upload it to the server using Zen?
Finally, he Products Quantity was set to 1000 for my files but since they are digital downloads is there a way to set an an unlimited value?
PDF-English to PDF_English
ZIP - English to ZIP_English
using an underscore without spaces
Thanks for the feedback but that didn't work. I changed the Zip entry to ZIP_English but I left the PDF entry alone because PDF downloads are working just fine. Any other ideas?
You have probably done this a hundred times, but check all your spelling and urls. I had a similar problem, and it was a comma instead of a period in the url. The only way I found it was to retype the url from scratch. My old eyes would have SWORN that was a period!
Try accessing the file directly to see if it downloads: See where the file is and type that url in your address bar.
You have to name your zip file:
Important Facts about Download Settings
- Downloads are NOT Virtual Products so use:
Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required
- Downloads are NOT Always Free Shipping so use:
Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules
- Downloads in an order by itself will never see the checkout_shipping page ... if you do then your Product is setup wrong for Downloads
- If not on a Windows server, meaning Linux/Unix, /pub should be 777 and Redirect should be ON
If you cannot use Redirect ON, ask your hosting site why they cannot follow the symbolic link between the /download and /pub directories
- If on a Windows server, /pub does NOT need to be writable/777 as you do not use this directory; and Redirect is OFF as you cannot use Redirect
- Download filenames should not use special characters, spaces and the like
- Download files should be Zipped for best results and browser compatibility
- Download files should be loaded to the /download directory
- On the Admin->Catalog->Attributes Controller you should see a green dot next to the filename of the Download itself
Aaaarrggghhhh!!! Thanks. I have 2 folders - one called Download and one called Documents. Their contents are almost identical except the Download directory doesn't have the zip file I was looking for. Needless to say I'll delete that Documents directory. Sorry to waste everyone's time on that one.
I did have 2 other questions in my original post though:
Is there a way to upload files via Zen? I don't want to use a separate FTP client. In other words, if I want to update one of my digital downloads how do I upload it to the server using Zen?
Finally, the Products Quantity was set to 1000 for my files but since they are digital downloads is there a way to set an an unlimited value?
You are most welcome, glad you noticed your little problem by reading the tutorial.
- No uploading files through Zen admin panel
- Use you www.your_website.com/cpanel
- here you have a very fast way to upload and download, etc.
- Unlimited value= I do not know for sure
- I use 1,000,000
Thanks haredo. I've updated all of those values to 1,000,000. Since this Web site is on a shared system I can't give the user FTP Accesss. I'll have to think of something else. Thanks though.
You are most welcome, glad I could help you..